The Huddersfield Centenary Pageant Parade was held on Saturday 22 June 1968.
The following photographs are of the 1868 to 1888 section of the parade…
…continue to Section 4 (1908 to 1928) of the parade.
If you appear in one of the photographs, or you know someone who does, please get in touch!
The photographs are reproduced with the express permission of the respective copyright holders and may not be reproduced further:
- Clifford Stephenson, courtesy Christopher Marsden (held by WYAS Kirklees)
- Huddersfield Examiner from images held by Kirklees Museums at Heritage Quay
- Huddersfield Local Studies Library, courtesy Kirklees Libraries
- Sandra Harling
- Sotnik & Dixon collection, courtesy Christopher Marsden
Included in this section of the parade were:
- “Steam Tram” by Huddersfield Corporation Passenger Transport Department
- “Victorian Parlour” by The Lions
- “Victorian Wash Kitchen” by Huddersfield Round Table
- “The Gay 90’s” by Huddersfield Thespians
- “Victorian Swimmers” by Huddersfield Swimming Club
- “Scouting” by the Scout Association
- Huddersfield & District Army Veterans
- Holme Valley Beagles
- “Victorian Pub” by Huddersfield Pendragon Round Table 843
- “Victorian Shop” by Co-operative Retail Society
- Lockwood Band
- Ben Shaw & Sons Ltd.
- Edwin Field & Co. Ltd.
- Highfield Gear & Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Roy Brook’s 1968 book The Story of Huddersfield