The Huddersfield Centenary Pageant Parade was held on Saturday 22 June 1968.
The following photographs are of the 1928 to 1948 section of the parade…
…continue to Section 6 (1948 to 1968) of the parade.
If you appear in one of the photographs, or you know someone who does, please get in touch!
The photographs are reproduced with the express permission of the respective copyright holders and may not be reproduced further:
- Clifford Stephenson, courtesy Christopher Marsden (held by WYAS Kirklees)
- Huddersfield Examiner from images held by Kirklees Museums at Heritage Quay
- Huddersfield Local Studies Library, courtesy Kirklees Libraries
- Sandra Harling
- Sotnik & Dixon collection, courtesy Christopher Marsden
Included in this section of the parade were:
- “Trolley Bus” by Huddersfield Corporation Passenger Transport Department
- “Sheep to Suit” and “Modern Textile” by Textile Society
- “Civilians in World War II” by H.E.V.A.S.
- “Dig for Victory” and “Mechanised Farming” by Young Farmers’ Club
- “Sentinel Steam Waggon” by Messrs Brook, Hirst & Marsden
- Britain’s Railway Queen — Susan Jennifer Tonge of Swinton, Mexborough
- Polish Society
- Y.M.C.A. Development
- “Holidays at Home” by Primrose Hill Children
- Ukrainian Society