The Huddersfield Centenary Pageant Parade was held on Saturday 22 June 1968.
The following photographs are of the 1948 to 1968 section of the parade…
…return to Section 1 (Veteran Motor Cars) of the parade.
If you appear in one of the photographs, or you know someone who does, please get in touch!
The photographs are reproduced with the express permission of the respective copyright holders and may not be reproduced further:
- Clifford Stephenson, courtesy Christopher Marsden (held by WYAS Kirklees)
- Huddersfield Examiner from images held by Kirklees Museums at Heritage Quay
- Huddersfield Local Studies Library, courtesy Kirklees Libraries
- Sandra Harling
- Sotnik & Dixon collection, courtesy Christopher Marsden
Included in this section of the parade were:
- “Diesel Bus” by Huddersfield Corporation Passenger Transport Department
- Huddersfield Pipe Band
- Strathrigg Scottish Dancers
- Welsh Society
- Huddersfield Sports Advisory Council
- “Modern Youth” by Milnsbridge, Moldgreen & Paddock C.Y.C.
- “Modern Youth” by Almondbury, Lockwood & Oakes C.Y.C.
- “Voluntary Service” by M.A.Y.C.O.
- “Modern Sculptors” by Methodist Youth Service
- “Old Publicans” by Licensed Vintners Association
- “Joys of Camping” by Camping Club of Great Britain
- Women’s Royal Voluntary Service
- Boy’s Brigade Band
- “Huddersfield Prime Ministers” by New Highfield Players
- “Mountain Rescue” by the Scouts
- “Hospitals Broadcast” by Hospital Broadcasts Association
- Tableau by Huddersfield Gilbert & Sullivan Society
- National Savings
- “Inshore Rescue Boat” by Huddersfield Ladies Lifeboat Guild
- United Nations
- GPO Telecommunication Development
- “Old & New Appliances” by Yorkshire Electricity Board
- “Dempster Dumper” by Huddersfield Corporation Cleansing & Haulage Department
- West Indian Community’s Steel Band
- “Jet Age” by A.T.C.
- Breakdown Vehicle by George H. Dews
- Huddersfield Fire Service